BID anuncia 12 propuestas preseleccionadas del desafío Innovación Naranja
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) announced today the 12
for the first edition of the Orange Innovation Challenge,
which seeks to recognize the most innovative business models that
are using cutting-edge technologies for specific sectors of the
The 12 proposals will be considered by IDB Lab to select those
that will enter a later stage of co-creation and financing with
donation resources of up to US $ 500 thousand. As part of the awards,
a representative of the shortlisted team will participate in the FOROMIC
to present their proposals and select the winner.
Innovative business models
with high potential for social and economic impact in cultural
and creative industries participated in the Orange Innovation Challenge to be implemented in nine countries: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador,
Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama and Dominican Republic.
The 12 proposals were selected by a panel of external experts and the
IDB from each region of Latin America and the Caribbean, based on the following criteria:
use of disruptive technologies, model innovation, scalability potential,
financial sustainability, among others.
The finalists of the Orange Challenge that will present their proposals in FOROMIC are:
1. Sandbox - Space for integration of technology and performing arts, by
Fundación Espacio Creativo
Fundación Espacio Creativo
2. MENTO AR, by Mento
3. Stereotheque in Costa Rica, by Stereotheque
4. "Alter3" & Android Opera "ScaryBeauty", by ATAK TOKYO Co. , Ltd.
5. Click Orange Virtual Design Platform, by Fundacion Tecnalia Colombia
6. Teacher Training in the use of emerging and disruptive technology, by EcoStudio Association
7. Implementation of orange economy programs for the development of native
communities neighboring the Ciudad Blanca archaeological project in the
Honduran Mosquitia, by the Kaha Kamasa Foundation.
8. Punto Naranja: A Creative and Innovative Space, by Junior Achievement El Salvador
9. Inspire to imagine, by the Nicaraguan Development Institute Association
10. Animation Professionalization Cycle, by ZincoTools SAS
11. Interactive books and film production with young people from Guatemala, by Fundación CA
Fundación C A
12. Project mood ring, by Green Lava Studios
Of these 12 entities, Fundación Espacio Creativo and Mento were selected
for a co-creation stage and will receive financing from the IDB Lab.
para una etapa de co-creación y recibirán financiamiento del BID Lab.
277 proposals were submitted to the competition from the 26
borrowing member countries
of the Bank in the following sectors: audiovisual, digital arts,
animation and video games; multimedia applied to the publishing industry; support
media for digital content; technology to innovate in the film
and music industry ; and fashion, design, tourism, cultural heritage
We believe in Design
We work with efficient design and production models with avant-garde processes that provide quality of life in private and collective outdoor spaces.